Core Maths Teaching WorkshopPlymouth
An engaging event focused on supporting teachers with the delivery of the increasingly popular Core Maths qualifications as well as contextualised problem solving in other maths courses or courses with mathematical content. This day has been designed to complement our other Core Maths professional development opportunities; all sessions are unique to the day.
- To provide teachers with an opportunuity to explore resources and teaching approaches useful for contextualised problem solving.
- To network with new and experienced teachers of Core Maths and, possibly, other subjects.
- To consider how best to structure and deliver the course in your school for your students.
Who will benefit from attending?
This course is suitable for anyone who is already teaching Core Maths this academic year, for teachers who are interested in finding out more prior to teaching Core Maths or teachers of other Level 3 courses which have mathematical requirements.
State-funded schools, colleges and academies can apply to this course for free.
In this day the following sessions will be included:
- Turning Germs Into Gems - How to create a core maths lesson or series of lessons from the germ of an idea.
- Ongoing Assessment - How do we assess the progress of students of core maths whilst staying true to the ethos of the course?
- Resourcing Core Maths - How to create your own and find existing resources for your core maths lessons.
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
Teacher Support Admin Team
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard