A Celebration of Women in MathematicsBournemouth/Poole
A whole day dedicated to celebrating women in mathematics and promoting the female mathematician. The day is packed with fun and engaging workshops and guest speakers to inspire students mathematically and to broaden their awareness of where maths and maths related disciplines could lead post GCSE.
- To promote the female role in mathematics
- To inspire (all) students to study mathematics further
- To showcase practical areas of mathematics and the careers they can lead to
Who will benefit from attending?
This day is aimed at girls (but boys are welcome too) in year 10 who are potential A level or Core Maths students but who may not be considering Mathematics because of a lack of interest or confidence in the subject.
Materials and Equipment
Students will need to bring some writing equipment.
- Initially we are limiting places to 15 students per school.
- Students and teachers will need to bring there own lunch as the cafe on site is limited.
This event is open to local state-funded schools and is free of charge, due to funding provided by the AMSP.
Fri 5th Jul 2019
09:45 - 15:00
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
01202 692132 Ext 275