Mechanics for A LevelMaidenhead
This is a one day course covering the Y2 Mechanics content of A level Mathematics. The topics that will be covered are Forces, Kinematics and Statics. There will an emphasis on 2 dimensions including inclined planes and friction.
- To strengthen teachers understanding of the central concepts on Mechanics: forces, vectors, kinematics, Newtons Laws
- To develop these major topics within Mechanics for teaching at A level
- To demonstrate teaching ideas and resources including simple practical work and ICT
Who will benefit from attending?
Teachers who are familiar with the basic concepts of Mechanics or who may have taught only M1 on the legacy specifications.
(A course for complete beginners is being offered at the same venue on Friday 14th June.)
- Modelling with forces and vectors
- Kinematics in 2 dimensions
- Developing these ideas practically
- Connected particle problems (including lifts)
- Equilibrium in 2 dimensions (including ladder problems)
- Motion under gravity and Projectiles
- Finding resources
All teachers are eligible to apply, though priority will be given to state school teachers. PCGE students are welcome to apply at no cost provided another teacher from their partner school attends.
£50 per teacher including all refreshments throughout the day and lunch
Timings will be sent out in the week before the course
A level Mathematics
Face-to-face Professional Development
5 Shoppenhangers Raod,
Thu 20th Jun 2019
09:15 - 16:00
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard