Introduction to Mechanics
This is a one day course to help prepare teachers to teach the Mechanics part of the 2017 A level specification for the first time or to refresh subject knowledge of teachers who have not taught this application in recent years.
This day will focus on the Year 1 content and 1 dimensional motion/forces. A second day is to be held on 20th of June that will focus on the Y2 content.
Topics that will be covered include Kinematics, Forces and Vectors, Modelling and an introduction to 2 dimensions
- To introduce the major topics within Mechanics at AS and A level
- To strengthen teachers understanding of the key topics in the 2017 A level specifications
- To demonstrate teaching ideas and resources including simple practical work and ICT
- To provide a basis of understanding of Newtons Laws of motion, forces and kinematics for teachers to build upon
Who will benefit from attending?
Teachers who are new to teaching Mechanics or have not taught this application in recent years
- AS Mathematics: Kinematics
- AS Mathematics: Forces and vectors
- A level Maths: moving into 2 dimensions
- Developing these ideas practically
- Finding resources
All teachers are eligible to apply, though priority will be given to teachers from state schools. PGCE students are welcome to apply at no cost provided another teacher from their partner school attends.
£50 which will cover all materials, refreshments throughout the day and lunch
A level Mathematics
Face-to-face Professional Development
5 Shoppenhangers Raod,
Fri 14th Jun 2019
09:15 - 15:45
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard