Year 12 Problem Solving Day
A one-day conference for year 12 students and their teachers developing deeper mathematical problem-solving skills.
Who will benefit from attending?
This day is aimed for Year 12 maths students who are likely to study Mathematics or related subjects at University.
It will be of particular interest to students who:
- have been (or are likely to be) invited to a selection interview at University
- will be taking STEP, MAT or TMUA examinations in 2019 or 2020
- are wanting to develop their problem solving skills when working on A level or Further Maths questions
... and teachers who are supporting such students.
The workshop sessions will focus on different ways of looking at example problems and how to approach writing solutions. Accompanying teachers will have the opportunity to work on problems with their students.
Sessions will include:
- FunMaths Roadshow team activity
- Using Mathematics in a Real Context
- Writing and Communicating Mathematics
- STEP/MAT/TMUA question focus
Students and teachers should bring a packed lunch. Independent schools may apply for places but these will be charged at £100 per school group and will only be available if there is capacity at the closing date. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 4 June 2019.
A level Mathematics, University admissions tests
Bridgwater and Taunton College (Taunton Campus),
Taunton Campus ,
Wellington Road ,
Tue 18th Jun 2019
09:30 - 15:00
Free for state funded schools
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
CPD Admin Team