Teacher Network Meeting (Derby and surrounding areas)
Developing Problem Solving skills at KS4 and KS5
We welcome you to the fourth instalment of our termly teacher network meetings. This meeting will focus on developing students' problem solving skills at KS4 and KS5.
A buffet of light refreshements (sanwiches, cakes, tea, coffee etc) will be available for your convenience and to keep the energy levels up whilst we get stuck into a whole range of maths problems.
- To provide teachers with ideas of how to engage pupils into solving unstructured problems at KS4 and KS5
- To provide an opportunity to think about, discuss and hear others' experiences of supporting students to develop their problem-solving skills.
- 4:15pm Arrive
- 4:30pm Introducing Problem Solving
- 4:45pm The Problem Solving mind set
- 5:00pm Tackling GCSE questions
- 5:30pm Tackling A-level questions
- 6pm Depart
Who will benefit from attending?
Any teachers teaching GCSE or A-level Mathematics
Materials and Equipment
Please feel free to bring examples of "problems" that you have found useful or that you would like to discuss.
A level Mathematics, 11-16 maths
Derby Moor Academy,
Mon 1st Apr 2019
16:30 - 18:00
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard