Further Mechanics PD DayLondon
The day will cover subject knowledge, common errors and will provide ideas for teaching and resources in four areas central to all the Mechanics units in the Further Maths specifications:
The focus of the day will be how to convey deep understanding of these concepts, through practical demonstrations and the consideration of probing questions. The content is aimed at teachers who are familiar with the Mechanics content of the Single Maths A Level.
- To deepen subject knowledge of the four topics
- To investigate strategies for teaching these areas, including practical work, modelling and problem solving
- To share effective resources that can be used in the classroom
Who will benefit from attending?
New and experienced teachers of Mechanics modules for Further Maths specifications from all exam boards who are currently teaching the course or who may be teaching it in the future
- Momentum and collisions
- Centre of mass
- Work Energy and Power
- Horizontal circular motion
Materials and Equipment
A laptop is recommended
Timetable for the day
- 0930 – 1000 Arrival and refreshments
- 1000 – 1100 Momentum and collisions
- 1100 – 1115 Break
- 1115 – 1215 Centre of mass
- 1215 – 1300 Lunch
- 1300 – 1400 Work, energy, power
- 1400 – 1415 Break
- 1415 – 1515 Horizontal circular motion
- 1515 – 1545 Plenary and feedback
Frequently Asked Questions
The school does not have any parking spaces - but there is normally easy parking nearby. Please email the event organiser for details.
You approach the school on foot from the High Road, directly to the left of the new football stadium. Lilywhite House (where the school is) is clearly marked on the building.
Google maps gives the impression that the school can be accessed from Northumberland Park which is not correct.
The first session begins at 10am. There will be refreshments provided from 9.30am, so aim to arrive then!
A level Further Mathematics
Face-to-face Professional Development
London and South East
London Academy of Excellence, Tottenham,
780 High Road,
Mon 25th Mar 2019
10:00 - 16:00
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard