Core Maths common topics
Live Online Professional Development (LOPD) courses form a programme of innovative online courses, designed to enable teachers to develop their teaching with confidence in a convenient, stress-free way.
LOPD courses are delivered using a browser-based online classroom that allows participants to collaborate online in real time. The courses aim both to cover subject content common to all current specifications and to facilitate the exchange of teaching ideas. Rather than attending a one or two day course away from school or college, participants will use the internet to meet weekly online.
This course covers topics which are common to the Core Maths specifications for AQA, Edexcel, MEI and OCR. Further topics to complete the content for each specification will be available soon via the On Demand Professional Development (ODPD) programme.
This course comprises of six online sessions with an experienced tutor, each between 60 and 90 minutes in length and delivered in a small group of teachers, allowing opportunities for interaction and discussion.
- To provide teachers with an opportunity to improve or refresh their subject knowledge of the main topics which are common to all or most Core Maths specifications
- To provide opportunities to interact with course tutors and other delegates in a small group to discuss subject knowledge, resources and teaching ideas
Who will benefit from attending?
This course is suitable for a wide range of Core Maths teachers:
- Teachers who are new to teaching Core Maths
- Those wishing to refresh their teaching of the subject
- Teachers of other A level qualifications that use maths
- Sampling and data
- Financial maths
- Exponential growth
- Probability (Core Maths style)
Materials and Equipment
You will need access to a good internet connection, using Chrome or Firefox as a browser. You will need a headset with a microphone to engage with the live sessions and most courses also require a means of handwriting on the shared whiteboard, such as a graphics tablet or interactive whiteboard.
The order of topics may be subject to change.
The course fee for this LOPD course is £95.
Shortly after applying for an LOPD course, applicants who are working in a state-funded school or college in England will receive a form to be used to apply for a full reimbursement of the course fee. This will be awarded subject to the following conditions being met:
- the full fee has been paid
- the applicant has attended at least four of the six live sessions
- the applicant has completed the evaluation form for the course
- the reimbursement application has been submitted
For more information, visit our subsidies page.
|14 March||Sampling and data|
|21 March||Financial maths|
|28 March||Exponential growth|
|04 April||Probability (Core Maths style)|
Statistics, Pure, Problem solving, Use of technology, Curriculum planning
Live Online Professional Development
Thu 28th Feb 2019
16:30 - 18:00
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The LOPD team
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard