Core Maths: A Fresh Approach to Teaching Mathematics - Area Coordinator organised day
An engaging event focused on supporting teachers with the delivery of the increasingly popular Core Maths qualifications. This day has been designed to complement our other Core Maths professional development opportunities; all sessions are unique to the day and different to the content covered in our Regional Conferences.
- To provide teachers with an opportunity to explore resources and teaching approaches that will keep the context alive.
- To give information about the different specifications and forms of assessment.
- To network with new and experienced teachers of Core Maths.
Who will benefit from attending?
This course is suitable for anyone who is already teaching Core Maths this academic year, or for teachers who are interested in finding out more prior to teaching Core Maths.
The content for the day will be chosen by the AMSP Area Coordinator taking into account the needs of potential attendees. Sessions on the day* will include:
- Core Maths and other A levels (cross curricular links)
- Promoting Core Maths to SLT
- The Core Maths Quiz
- Lesson Design - Turning Germs into Gems
- Lesson Design - The Sealed Room
- Design of a Scheme of Work and Finding Resources
- Using Excel for Financial Maths
- Ongoing Assessment and Core Maths
*An Area Coordinator organised day will usually include four sessions
State-funded schools, colleges and academies can apply to this course for free.
Face-to-face Professional Development
John Mason School,
Wed 6th Feb 2019
09:30 - 15:30
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
CPD Admin Team
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard