GCSE Mathematics is more demanding than ever, with new Higher Tier content supporting a national drive to increase the number of students studying maths post-16.
This day follows the development of trigonometry from Key Stage 3 to A level Mathematics, considering a range of ideas whilst also reflecting on the teaching and consider the 'big picture' of each topic within the wider curriculum. It forms part of our Discover GCSE Maths suite of courses, aimed at supporting teachers’ own understanding of key Higher Tier topics, so that they can confidently lead their students through GCSE into studying post-16 maths.
- Enhance subject knowledge at Key Stage 3 and explore how this topic is expanded upon for KS5 maths qualifications.
- Preparation for using classroom resources and powerful visual representations with students.
Who will benefit from attending?
GCSE Mathematics teachers who want to increase their confidence with teaching trigonmetry for Higher Tier GCSE.
- Trigonometry in right angle triangles
- Exact trigonometric values
- Trigonometry beyond 90°and trigonometric functions
- Transformations of trigonometric graphs
- Solving trigonometric equations
Discover Trigonometry is free to state-funded schools and colleges.
If you are working in a state-funded school or college, participation in this course attracts a £100 subsidy, subject to engagement and completion of the course.
Schools and colleges located within Priority Areas are eligible to receive a further subsidy of £150 to support staff cover and travel costs.
Face-to-face Professional Development
The Priory Rooms,
40 Bull Street,
Wed 27th Feb 2019
09:00 - 15:00
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
CPD Admin Team
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard