GeoGebra in the Maths classroom
This On Demand Professional Development course is designed to support teachers with using GeoGebra across a wide range of contexts in the Mathematics classroom. The methods are particularly applicable in the A level Maths classroom, but are designed for a toolbox of methods which can be used to illuminate a much wider range of maths.
The course comprises four 'pods', each covering an element of GeoGebra's functionality. In each pod, teachers will see short videos or walkthroughs guiding them through the methods, using examples from A level Mathematics study, along with practice materials, triggers for reflection and suggestions for further study. Teachers will be encouraged to interact and collaborate with others studying the same material via the online forums. An expert tutor will be monitoring the forums and will respond to queries.
The course offers total flexibility regarding when teachers can access the materials, day or night, over a period of up to one year. Teachers will be able to track their progress within the course and to see when they have completed a section or the full pod.
- To introduce teachers to some useful elements of GeoGebra.
- To introduce transferrable skills in the use of GeoGebra in the context of A level Maths and to give teachers an opportunity to practise these skills.
- To provide opportunities to reflect on methods, resources and teaching ideas and to discuss these with other teachers via the course forums.
Who will benefit from attending?
All teachers of post-16 maths.
- Graphics/Algebra views and graphics style bar
- Functions, commands and dynamic text
- Graphics 2, spreadsheets and statistics
- 3D and CAS views
Materials and Equipment
You'll need an internet connection with capability to watch video, and also to download the free GeoGebra software.
ODPD is free of charge to teachers in state-funded schools and colleges in England.
Find a course
A level Mathematics, A level Further Mathematics
Pure, Problem solving, Use of technology
On Demand Professional Development
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
Teacher Support Admin Team
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard