Use of GeoGebra in GCSE and A level Mathematics
This course is split into two sessions, the morning session is suitable for beginners, and the afternoon explores more advanced features. Teachers are welcome to attend either or both sessions.
- To improve your skills in using GeoGebra in the teaching and learning of GCSE/A level Maths.
- To explore activities for student use of GeoGebra.
- To develop your skills in using GeoGebra to investigate the large data set.
Who will benefit from attending?
The course is suitable for all teachers of GCSE/A level Mathematics. No previous experience of using GeoGebra is expected for the morning session. For the afternoon session it is assumed that you can use the basic graphing tools.
Morning programme (10.30-13.00):
- Introduction to using GeoGebra
- How to create basic files for teaching
- Student tasks for using GeoGebra
Afternoon programme (13.45-16.15):
- Advanced use of GeoGebra: 2nd Graphics view, 3D, spreadsheets
- Using GeoGebra for statistics (including the large data set)
- Integrating GeoGebra into your scheme of work
Materials and Equipment
For the morning session any device with GeoGebra installed on it will be suitable (laptop, tablet or smartphone). For the afternoon session you will need a laptop with GeoGebra 5 installed – this can be downloaded for free from geogebra.org/download.
Course leaders: Tom Button, Avril Steele and Sinead Vaughan.
The fee for schools and colleges registered with the AMSP is £25 per session.
The fee for schools and colleges which are not registered with the AMSP is £50 per session.
A level Mathematics, 11-16 maths
Use of technology
Face-to-face Professional Development
London and South East
8 All Saints St,
Fri 1st Mar 2019
10:00 - 16:15
£25 or £50 per session
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard