Core Maths: A Fresh Approach to Teaching Mathematics - Area Coordinator organised day
An engaging event focused on supporting teachers with the delivery of the increasingly popular Core Maths qualifications as well as contextualised problem solving in other maths courses or courses with mathematical content. This day has been designed to complement our other Core Maths professional development opportunities; all sessions are unique to the day.
- To provide teachers with an opportunity to explore resources and teaching approaches useful for contextualised problem solving.
- To give information about the different specifications, forms of assessment and to consider how Core Maths teaching approaches can complement those used in other courses.
- To network with new and experienced teachers of Core Maths and, possibly, other subjects.
Who will benefit from attending?
This course is suitable for anyone who is already teaching Core Maths this academic year, for teachers who are interested in finding out more prior to teaching Core Maths or teachers of other Level 3 courses which have mathematical requirements.
State-funded schools, colleges and academies can apply to this course for free.
For this event date the sessions will be:
- The Core Maths Quiz
- Lesson Design - Turning Germs into Gems
- Core Maths and other A levels (cross curricular links)
- Ongoing Assessment and Core Maths
Face-to-face Professional Development
London and South East
University of Greenwich,
Fri 19th Jul 2019
10:00 - 16:00
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
CPD Admin Team
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard