Core Maths Conference: Keeping the Context Alive
A free one-day professional development conference, designed for teachers in schools and colleges offering Core Maths. The day will focus on approaches for planning, teaching and assessing Core Maths. It is relevant to all Core Maths specifications.
- Develop pedagogical approaches for planning, teaching and assessing Core Maths effectively.
- Consider how best to use pre-release materials when teaching Core Maths.
- Network and share ideas with fellow teachers of Core Maths.
Who will benefit from attending?
This conference is suitable for new or prospective teachers of Core Maths, or those with some experience of teaching the qualification.
Conference sessions will include:
- National picture and HE links
- How do we get to the exam question? - Planning a sequence of Core Maths lessons whilst keeping the context alive
- Making connections between Realistic Maths Education and Core Maths
- Meet representatives from Maths Hub Work Groups and local Area Coordinators
- Getting the most out of the pre-release materials
- Recruiting students to Core Maths - including a hands-on workshop on enrichment resources that can be used to promote Core Maths to KS4
- Getting the most from the AMSP
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
CPD Admin Team
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard