Year 13 Problem Solving Conference for Students & Teachers: STEP/AEA Revision
- To tackle STEP and AEA papers and look at common techniques and presentation of solutions
- To focus revision on appropriate STEP/AEA papers
Who will benefit from attending?
This event is ideal for students who are applying to study mathematics, engineering or related university courses that require STEP or AEA Mathematics for entry. Teachers with students who are preparing to apply for such courses, or who wish to support STEP/AEA or problem solving with their sixth-form mathematics students, will also find this day useful.
Students can attend without a teacher, although teachers can attend for free.
A full programme for the day will be circulated nearer to the event but the day will include:
- A range of opportunities for students and staff to work collaboratively on STEP and AEA questions including applied questions
- A variety of activities designed to help students think and work creatively
- The day will include differentiated sessions for students aiming for AEA, STEP 1 and 2 or STEP 2 and 3
- Students can attend without a teacher, although teachers can attend for free
Because of the subsidised funding for this event, priority will be given to students from schools that do not have in-house provision for supporting STEP and AEA, or those who have not had a recent history of sending students to study mathematics or related courses at the top UK universities.
University admissions tests, A level Mathematics, A level Further Mathematics
University of Manchester,
30th April 2019
10:00 - 16:00
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact: