Developing Problem Solving in Year 13 Students
A day to develop your students' problem solving skills.
- Develop and enhance students’ and teachers’ understanding of problem-solving
- Give teachers the opportunity to work with their students on complex problems
- Provide suggestions for suitable teaching resources
Who will benefit from attending?
- Year 13 students who plan to read mathematics, or a related subject, at university
- Year 13 students who would benefit from spending a day solving problems
- Year 13 students whose offers either require, or encourage, STEP and/or AEA
- Teachers looking to enhance the problem-solving support they offer students
This event is ideal for Year 13 students who are applying to study mathematics, engineering or related university courses. Teachers with students who are applying for such courses will find this course helpful. The style is similar to the Year 13 problem-solving events put on by the AMSP in the first term, but there's no overlap in content, and those who enjoyed the earlier problem solving day should find this day enjoyable.
Presenters: Mike Baxter, Bob Summers and James Groves
The event is free to all students and teachers.
University admissions tests, A level Mathematics
Green Lane Conference Centre,
Lancaster House Hotel,
24th January 2019
10:00 - 15:30
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
Dr James Groves