Year 12 Problem Solving DayLancaster
An event for students and teachers wishing to develop their problem-solving skills (rescheduled from 6 November).
- Help students to develop and enhance their problem-solving skills
- Develop teachers’ abilities to help their students with these issues
- Provide suggestions for suitable teaching resources
Who will benefit from attending?
This event is ideal for students who are thinking of applying to study mathematics, engineering or related university courses and wish to develop their problem-solving skills. Teachers with students who are preparing to apply for such courses, or who wish to develop their skills in advanced problem-solving techniques amongst their sixth-form mathematics students, will find this course beneficial.
Parts of the course will be for students and teachers working together; at other times, students and teachers will have separate sessions. The day will include:
- A session for all on competition questions, and how they can be used to stimulate and nurture advanced problem-solving techniques
- A session for students on university application and interview requirements
- A session for teachers on the maths skills that universities are looking for
- A session for all on different approaches to solving difficult mathematical problems
Presenters: Mike Baxter, Bob Summers and James Groves
The first session starts at 10:30am. Lunch will be provided
The event is free to all students and teachers.
University admissions tests, A level Mathematics
Bowland Hall Training Suite,
Tue 11th Dec 2018
10:00 - 15:30
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact: