Trigonometry for AQA Level 2 Further MathematicsOnline
This session will focus on the knowledge of trigonometry required for the AQA Level 2 Further Maths course and in particular the following aspects
- Trigonometric equations and the trig graphs
- Trigonometric identities
- The unit circle
- Problem solving with trigonometry
- To familiarise teachers with some key topics on the AQA Level 2 Further Maths course that involve the topics above
- To consider how these topics might be explored, examined and extended beyond GCSE
- To collaborate on a range of questions, from basic to challenging, to ensure teachers are comfortable to explore these topics with their students.
Who will benefit from attending?
- Did you teach the previous specification and want to update yourself on the changes in the new specification?
- Are you planning to start delivering the course soon?
This session is aimed both at teachers who are new to the course and those who would like support with the pedagogy of the topics which take learners beyond GCSE Maths.
Materials and Equipment
The session will be held on the Zoom platform. The link to register for the session will be sent to applicants a few days before the session.
You are advised to use a headset or headphones with a microphone to provide the best sound quality and to prevent audio issues for other users. A laptop with a built-in webcam and microphone may be sufficient if you’re in a quiet area but please take the time to check this before the session.
In order to fully participate in the meeting please be willing to use your camera and microphone, although if this is impossible the chat option will be available.
This course is part of a series of topic specific sessions designed for teachers (and prospective teachers) of AQA Level 2 Further Maths to support both subject knowledge and pedagogy.
There is no obstacle to attending this session without having attended previous sessions.
We have previously run sessions on
- Introduction to the course and delivery methods
- Algebraic Manipulation and the factor theorem
You may also be interested in this event on 23 June 2022: Binomial expansion and simultaneous equations for AQA Level 2 Further Mathematics
Pure, Problem solving, Reasoning
Live Online Professional Development
Tue 12th Jul 2022
16:30 - 17:45
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard