- To provide clear information about university expectations for mathematical understanding in a variety of undergraduate degrees
- To provide information about the range of University Admissions Tests that contain mathematics
- To provide ideas to widen student experience of mathematics
- To provide activities that can be integrated into maths lessons to help students understand the transition to university mathematics
Who will benefit from attending?
The course is for maths teachers or heads of sixth form who wish to gain clear information about the mathematical expectations of a variety of degree schemes and how students can be supported in making a successful transition to higher education.
Day two (for maths teachers only) will also offer an opportunity for delegates to look at pre-university examinations such as STEP, MAT and TMUA, and discuss how schools can help students to prepare for them.
This course is for delegates from English state-funded schools, colleges and academies. Teachers from independent schools and non-English schools may apply, but places will only be granted if there is availability.
The course is free.
|Thursday 18th April 2024
|15:30 - 18:00
|Thursday 25th April 2024
|15:30 - 18:00
- Curriculum focus:University admissions tests
- Mathematical focus:Leadership, Problem solving, Maths in other subjects
- Duration:5 hour(s)
- Online sessions:2
- Venue:Online Zoom session
- Start date:18 Apr 2024
- Course times:15:30 - 18:00